Sin in Sin City: 4 Killed in Early Morning Shooting Spree

LAS VEGAS, NV – A tragic shooting incident in a residential neighborhood of northwest Las Vegas claimed four lives and left one person injured on Monday morning, as reported by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The police received a distress call for medical assistance shortly after 10:00 a.m. in a locality near the U.S. 95 freeway. Upon their arrival, the officers discovered five victims with apparent gunshot wounds.

The police confirmed the death of four individuals at the scene, while the fifth victim was rushed to a local hospital for immediate medical attention.

The investigation into this horrific incident is currently underway. The identities of the victims are yet to be disclosed by the police.

In recent news, a horrific shooting incident unfolded at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) on Wednesday, resulting in multiple casualties. According to local law enforcement, the suspect involved in the shooting is now deceased, bringing a tragic end to a day of terror on the university campus.

The incident occurred at Frank and Estella Beam Hall, the university’s business school. The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department confirmed the death of the suspect and reported three fatalities. Another individual is in a stable condition. They reassured the public that there was no further threat to the community, bringing relief amidst the chaos.

In the wake of the incident, university officials quickly responded, advising students to “Run-Hide-Fight,” a standard protocol in active shooter situations. They also reported additional gunfire in the student union on campus, further escalating the tension and fear on campus. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents were promptly on the scene to assist local law enforcement, adding to the multi-agency response to the incident.

Sheriff Kevin McMahill of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department provided details of the incident timeline. The first 911 calls were made at 11:45 a.m., marking the start of a frantic response from law enforcement. Two police officers suffered minor injuries during the campus search operation, a testament to the dangerous and unpredictable nature of such incidents. The alleged shooter was engaged and killed by two detectives who were among the first responders, showcasing the bravery and dedication of the officers involved.

Sheriff McMahill didn’t stop praising the officers for their swift action, which he said potentially saved many lives. He highlighted a gathering of students near the building at the time of the incident, underscoring the potential for even greater tragedy. In response to the day’s events, the university announced that it would remain closed for the rest of the day, allowing law enforcement to continue their investigation and giving the campus community time to process the shocking events.

Nevada Governor Joe Lombardo confirmed that his office contacted the relevant officials. The governor’s involvement underscores the seriousness of the incident and the ongoing efforts at the state level to provide support and resources in the aftermath of the shooting.

As the UNLV community and the city of Las Vegas grapple with this tragic event, questions will undoubtedly arise about campus safety and gun control. These issues have been at the forefront of national discourse. For now, though, the focus remains on supporting the victims and their families and on the investigation into what led to this tragic event.